WELCA (Women of the Evangelical Lutheran Church In America)
As a community of women, created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to :
- Grow in Faith
- Affirm our gifts
- Support one another in our calling
- Engage in ministry and action
- Promote healing and wholeness in the church, the society and the world
To mobilize women to boldly act on their faith in Jesus Christ.
Cross, water, and water lily- identifies the women of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America as children of God, baptized, forgiven, and adopted into God’s family. It is a reminder of the growth, beauty, and vitality that rises out of that lifegiving baptismal water.
It is also a reminder of the mission of the church to “go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” (Matthew 28:19)
- Hannah Circle – Hannah Circle meets every fourth Wednesday, September through June at 1:00 p.m., usually in the Kairos Room at the church, but occasionally in homes. We do the Bible study from the Gather magazine, published by WELCA, followed by time for fellowship and a short business meeting to hear about what is happening in the WELCA. Every Spring we help with the church’s Annual Salad Luncheon. The proceeds are used to support missions. We also do special projects with our Sunshine money. All women are invited to join us.
- Sarah Circle – Sarah Circle meets every fourth Wednesday, September through May, at 9:30 a.m. at Pioneer Pointe Social Room. The mission of Sarah Circle is to bring circle to our seniors now living at Pioneer Pointe. We provide refreshments, fellowship and sharing of a devotion based on a topic of interest. All women are invited to join us.